December 7, 2009

Holidailies

I'm trying something new for this blog - it's a writing practice that might prove to be fruitful. But if not, then I'm dropping it in favor of my early Saturday morning writing session.




Holidailies is a group of bloggers who write each day of the holidays. There are some fantastic and interesting writers – some who inspire me, some who teach me, some who struggle with the same stuff I do.

My writing goal for December is to crack through the block I have. After NaNo, I realized that my characters are still bodies moving through space. They haven't yet come to inhabit themselves like humans. I feel like what I have is an elaborate character sketch with the promise of a plot. This is not a good feeling.

Of course, the goal also is to push past the procrastination and downright laziness, colored by my moody depression. I call it that because it does come and go like a mood, rather than a clinical cloud of deep grey fog.

Bust out the red and green and gold; stock up on the scented candles; and keep a pair of warm socks handy (my feet get cold in this office) because the holidays are coming, and I hope the Writing Santa brings me something lovely.

Edited to add: Welcome to the new readers from Holidailies! You can follow me on Twitter jcmaxwell and also Facebook J.C. Maxwell, where I occasionally say or post something worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment